3.03.2010

white wednesday

welcome everyone to white wednesday! glad you could stop by.
i have fallen in love with all the white and cream that others are using in there home. it just seems so relaxing and calming.
me, however
didn't use to like white.
nope.
not even as an accent.
but now.
living with some much color and a need for some calm in my life,
decided to pull some white in my home.

i don't have much, but i am finding more to use.
and i love it! i even painted my kitchen cabinets to lighten things up.
plus a little distressing can't be wrong.


be sure to check out others who love white at faded charm.
i know that i will, to get some great inspiration.




hope everyone has a great day.

oh one more thing .
thank you to cindy at cottage instincts for featuring me as having serious cottage instincts at
her blog party, 'make it for monday'.


11 comments:

::cottage instincts:: said...

Well, you sure found some beautiful whites for someone who didn't used to like it :)

That basket is to.die.for.

Happy White Wednesday!

Jane said...

I love your cabinets!! The distressed paint finish is wonderful.
I never had much white in my home either until I started seeing all of the beautiful shades of whites on other blogs. Now I find myself buying old ironstone pieces and accessorizing with them and I love it.
Have a great WW.
Jane

Jeanne Oliver said...

Such gorgeous touches. I really love to collection old ironstone. I just bought a new piece and put tons of white flowers in it and it just made me pretend it was spring:-)

The Charm of Home said...

Your cabinets look great! I love all your white things.

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Love your cabinets...glad I found your blog!!

Cheryl ~ ZanyMayd said...

I Love the White you have added ~ the Cabinets are Wonderful & the Pottery, I Love it All (you also have the prettiest Header Photo)
thanks for sharing

Vintage Market Place said...

I dream of having an all white house but with a tot and 2 kitties little bits have to do.
You have shared some beautiful things thank you
Amy

Raspberries and Rose Petals said...

The whites you found are beautiful! It's true ~ white does lend a calm atmosphere! I don't have much white in my home either, but I'm working on it as well!

Thanks for sharing! Happy WW!

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

Welcome to our white world! Glad you joined us...white makes everything better!

Miss Gracie's House said...

Welcome to WW! Love the chippy white paint!
Rene'

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

I love your white touches! I have started to really like touches of white in our home too. So nice to 'meet' a fellow Nebraska blogger! :)
~Jennifer
www.studiojru.com