9.01.2009

feathering my nest---fall style



happy fall y'all!


it's fall nesting week at the inspired room. if you haven't visited melissa, i suggest you pop over there. but i warn you. you maybe visiting her for quite a while. i look forward to seeing what everyone else has done for the harvest season.
i love fall, so it is probably the season i decorate for the most. i wanted to share with you my dining room. i had forgotten about the harvest banner that i made last fall...so that was the first thing up. the painting is one that i had found at a flea market and snatched it up as fast as i could. i love the haying season. maybe it is because i am married to a farmer. maybe it is because it smells so good. but i loved the barn, the colors, the scene of the whole family helping on the farm. plus it was $3.00. i added some of my dried hydrangeas, some found feathers and some wheat.




in this corner, i put some sunflowers in a nail keg that i have had for years.





i found this wooden dough bowl at at antique store for $2.50, then added some decorative acorns that i found at target last year. the antler was a shed that mr. farmer found in his pasture a few years back.....i claimed it as my own. to decorate with. i don't think he is real pleased!








so here is the whole room. thanks for stopping by!









4 comments:

Jane said...

It's definitely starting to look like fall in your house...I love this season as well. I like your Harvest banner and your tablescape looks lovely.

Gayle said...

Lovely fall decor! I love your blog header, how peaceful it looks.

Pearl Maple said...

Looks like a great start to fall at your place. Your harvest theme decor is lovely. Autumn is my favorite season and although i have moved a million miles away to the tropics it still feels like indian summer to me.

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

All your fall touches are so pretty and I love that "Harvest" banner!

Manuela