9.07.2009

some thrifty finds

welcome everyone! i am joining thrifty mondays at southern hospitality. you can pop over there and see what everyone has found for a wonderful low price.
around here there aren't too many flea markets, but during labor day weekend there has always been a pretty large one about an hour away. i was really looking forward to going but was a little disappointed. the numbers of vendors were down...about half. i did find a few things but had better luck at goodwill and my favorite thrift store.
i found some more additions to my milk glass collection. about 50 cents each. i love using these for candles. they are my 'fireplace' since i don't have one. i will have to show you later what they look like when lit.
at goodwill i found these! for $3 each! and they are huge...about 3 feet. i was so excited...i know they are not everyone's taste, but that is ok. i think i will be painting them black and hanging them by our pantry. mr. farmer is so excited...*wink* here is some more inspiration for these extra large utensils here. dessert must have been on my mind saturday! found two sets of sherbert cups, milk glass and those dark green ones. we are going to be adding shelving to our pantry this fall and wanted old mason jars to fill up. found all 12 for $30. the frame i found is for a project that i will show you later.

and finally this cute vintage plates.
thanks for visiting and hope you can come again!
God bless and have a wonderful labor day.


9 comments:

Jane said...

Good Morning!! I think you found some great buys this week. I think the spoon and fork have a lot of potential and are going to look completely different painted black. Love the vintage plates. Thanks for stopping by today.

Wendy @ Ramblings from the Sunshine State said...

Great stuff! Love the milk glass & jars!

Caroline said...

I love milk glass as well. As for the fork and spoon they're going to look great painted.

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Oh, I love those blue jars & have a few of those too. You did good on the milkglass collection, great finds. And I have seen all sorts of those forks & spoons around blogland, so have fun with those! :)

Leanne said...

You found some beautiful pieces. I especially love the vintage plates. THanks for sharing!

Sharlotte said...

Great finds... I especially love your jars. They are perfect for just about everything! Thanks for sharing.

Jan said...

What fun buys! I've been seeing those large fork/spoon sets all over blogland! Now I wish I'd picked up the set I saw a couple of weeks ago! : )

Caro said...

looove the old blue jars- i have a couple, wish I could find more all at once like you!

Unknown said...

You managed quite a nice stash of stuff!! I love milk glass and also burn a candle in one of the larger pieces I have...it has such a pretty glow at night!

:) T