1.25.2013

live and let light

ahhh. last saturday.
what a great time we had!

we got out some of our favorite art supplies.
papers, paints, markers, inks.



 and we made signs with words that mean something to us.
it was an assignment of our brave girls club art class.


there were giggles, teasing, and learning from each other.

the dining room table was a mess...


but our  hearts were 'home'.


this was emma's sign.
'live'
she papered, painted, doodled to her hearts content.
it now sits on her window seal.
and mine.
'let your light shine'
sits in my studio...
a reminder of why i do what i do.
matthew 5:16

we are going to sit down.
my daughter and i.
with a calendar to schedule more art dates.
our goal is once a month.
more if possible.
and ohhhh do we look forward to it!


are you creative?
i'm sure you are!
in your home, in your kitchen, with your kids or with a craft or art.
why don't you link up and join us!


today i am thankful for
~creating with my daughter
~inspiration from everywhere and everyone
~finding a friend who has the same tastes i do
~my treadmill
~an upcoming art retreat

10 comments:

Beth Morey said...

I love how you do this with your daughter...what a special time!

Jenni C's said...

oh that must have been amazing, it reminds me to sit and draw or create more often with my daughter...love both the works you to created...popping over from Studio JRU again..

Jen @Sadie Inspired said...

I love how you make art with your daughter too! I love to spend time with my daughter and create away. It is such a special time for us and I am sure you too. I LOVE how you are going to set a date each month!! Beautiful creations too!!!

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

A great activity to do together.
The results are wonderful.

Lynden Blossom said...

How lovely to Create with your Daughter! I so miss doing things with my children now that they are grown and far away... Just popping in here from In the Studio - thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting on my Write-on Frame - ;-}
Lynden
http://aneleganttouch-lynden.blogspot.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/An-Elegant-Touch-/162889457132788

Lynden Blossom said...

Ooops! I meant to also mention that I've not heard of Brave Girls Club before and I peeked at their site, too - ;-}
Lynden

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

That is awesome to have creative time like that together. "Giggles, teasing, and learning from each other." What more could you ask for?! I am sure you will both look forward to these art dates! :)

Ginger Harrington said...

Love this blog! Jumped over from Studio JRU hop. Matthew 5:16 is my verse this year. Love the picture you did. This is the 3rd time today God has put the phrase "Let your light shine" before my eyeballs today.
www.gingerharrington.com

MarveLes Art Studios said...

Sooo so beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Good day! This is kind of off topic but I need some advice
from an established blog. Is it hard to set up your own blog?
I'm not very techincal but I can figure things out pretty quick. I'm thinking about creating my own
but I'm not sure where to start. Do you have any tips or suggestions? Cheers

my web page: cash advance ohio
My website :: get a cash loan